Moved to www.NetworkCameraCritic.com
The FI8908W has been a very popular camera allowing people to get into IP cameras without a huge investment. They are releasing the new version of this camera in the next few weeks and wanted to share what the improvements are with all of you. I will try and get one for testing as soon as they are available.
The difference between FI8908W and FI8918W
1) The IR lights can be turned off manually from the software
2) Audio quality is improved, there will be no noise when speaking into the camera.
3) Added an audio input jack which can be used with an external microphone.
4) Relocated the network light to the back of the camera. Add a power indicator lamp.
5) Added another IR light in front of the camera, there are now 11 IR lights in total.
6) Removed the IO pins.
7) FI8918W has a bit larger base than FI8908W.
1) Login interface changed
2) Added the ability to turn IR lights on and off.
3) Added an icon to control the recordings folder to pop-up automatically or not.
Click the icon will turn it on. Then the folder you set to store the recordings will not pop automatically when motion trigger. You need set motion alarm first. Click the icon again, the folder will not pop-up.
4) Removed Alarm Input Armed and IO Linkage on Alarm, as the FI8918W has no IO pins.